Tesla Effect User Submitted Translations
We thought we had done our due diligence creating the various game Translations.
Not speaking the languages ourselves, we hired translators to do the heavy lifting and our publisher ran that through their
language testing process.
It didn't turn out as well as we may have liked.
We certainly weren’t aware of any problems until after the game launched and feedback starting coming in.
Seeing the errors, several users banded together to take on the tremendous (!) task or retranslating the entire game.
Big Finish Games has not tested with these translations, and the user accepts responsibility for what may come of it's use.
- This new translation replaces ALL of the translation files and even includes a version of the French translation by user Sagel.
- Added subtitles for the backer credits. (All languages).
- Corrects and Improves the timing for many of the subtitles.
Created by user: Mark0H01 (with special thanks to Stevie, Sbenrap, and Sagel)
File can be downloaded here: TeslaEffect_GermanTranslation_by_MarkoH01.zip
For Installation Instructions, Discussion and Additional Information: http://bigfinishgames.com/improved-german-translation-user-created
- Tesla Effect was not originally translated into Brazilian Portuguese. This is entirely new.
- This translation will replace the English language file with this new translation in Brazilian Portuguese.
Created be user: Ale2580
File can be downloaded here: TeslaEffect_BrazilianPortugueseTranslation_by_Ale2580.zip
For Installation Instructions, Discussion and Additional Information: http://www.bigfinishgames.com/translate-tesla-effect-brazilian-portuguese
- This translation will replace the game's existing French translation file.
Created be user: Sagel
File can be downloaded here: TeslaEffect_FrenchTranslation_by_Sagel.zip
For Installation Instructions, Discussion and Additional Information: http://bigfinishgames.com/french-translation-improvement
How to Install a Language File
Simply replace an existing language file with the new file.
Language files can be found here (example): TeslaEffect\TeslaEffect_Data\ExternalData\Localization\Strings
- The Files are called:
Some General Notes about the Language Files
- They are in Excel Formatted XML (though not required, it's best to edit files in Excel)
- File is simple Key Value (Keys and Values must remain together, though their location in the file can move up/down)
- The first column is the Key, and must not be changed (this is how the game looks up the subtitle)
- The second column is the value...this is where the game text (subtitle) goes.
- If you choose to add color to the lines in excel, limit the color to only the first two columns (coloring entire rows will slow the game)
- If editing-- test often. Errors can break all the text in the game.