So, what did I think of 3CTDT, which I have only just got round to completing (thanks to a stinking cold)?
• Excellent puzzles – some of the most imaginative and enjoyable ones I’ve ever seen (loved the beehive!)
• Beautiful artwork and atmospheric music.
• So good to hear Chris Jones’ laconic delivery again.
• There were far fewer of the obscure (to a Brit) references to American culture.
• Good story, although I did feel it was little too tortuous and over complicated – more so than I remember 3CTM being. By the end I was losing interest in the characters relationships.
• No choppy audio as I experienced throughout 3CTM.
• The end puzzle – oh dear. Am I really expected to remember the cards associated with each character and select them in the correct order? How can I reasonably work that out from what I can remember without trawling back through the game? Puzzles need to be solvable with information at hand or within reasonably easy reach. I went straight to the cheats, which is not a good way to finish a game.
This must be taken in the spirit of a dedicated Tex fan, and I will unquestionably buy anything you release in future. I posted this because I care!
Haha. I thought I was the only one that couldn't remember which people went with which cards.